The Floral Keys Collection by Heartfelt Creations works so well with vintage photos as it has the rich palette of maroon and browns. I could not resist making this LO for the Wednesday DT reveal at HFC.
My Little Man
Don't you love the gorgeous keys and hearts?
I stamped this image with versa fine 'Smoked Grey' and it created such wonderful interest in the background.
Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC
HCPC 3576 – A Prayer for the Day PreCut Set
HCPC 3569 – Burnished Key PreCut Set
HCD Burnished Key Die
HCD 713 - Decorative Lace Border
Floral Key Paper Collection
452255 Grand Calibur
214003 Grand Calibur Cutting Plate
352854 Metal Glue Tip
159723 Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
Other Products used for project other than Heartfelt Creations. 3D foam mounting tape, white bazzill, Staz On Timber brown Ink and Versa Fine Smoky Grey Ink, dark brown twine, sewing machine with white thread and acrylic block.
1. The page is 12” x 12”
2. Print out two photos 4” x 6” and trim to fit the frames from the paper collection.
3. Cut out the two frames and apply a fine line of glue around the edges and sprinkle with clear glitter.
4. Trim down your photos to fit in the frames and mat onto white bazzill so 1/16” paper is framing the images.
5. I also added some scrap cardboard behind the matted photos to raise them slightly.
6. Machine stitch the photos onto the frames.
7. Stamp the Burnished Key PreCut Set and cut out with the coordinating die ‘Burnished Key Die’. Repeat as you need two of the large keys.
8. Stamp the ‘Prayer for the Day’ stamp onto the background maroon paper on the top left and bottom right corners to add subtle interest to the paper.
9. Use the ‘Decorative Lace Die’ to cut white bazzill and layer this under the photos.
10. Cut out the words shown in the photo from the paper collection and attach to the layout.
11. Tie two bows from dark brown twine and adhere to the top of the heart and the large key saying ‘Your Destiny is in the Journey’.
12. Stack your keys as shown in the photo using 3D foam tape to raise the top key.