Here is my vintage style LO with a large 5" x 7" feature photo using the stunning Floral Keys Collection by Heartfelt Creations. Visit their blog as the DTs have produced so many wonderful projects for you to feast your eyes on.
Below I stamped the image with clear versa mark ink and clear embossed. This added a wonderful subtle texture and interest to the layout. I have not used this technique in a long time and I forgot just how much I love it.
A Gift from the Heart
Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC
HCPC 3569 Burnished Key PreCut Set
HCPC 3574 Journey of Love Keys PreCut Set
HCPC 3572 Floral Keys and Locket PreCut Set
HCPC 3575 Script Key Background PreCut Set
HCD Burnished Key Die
HCD 718 Decorative Chateau Gate Die
Floral Key Paper Collection HCDP1 238
452255 Grand Calibur
214003 Grand Calibur Cutting Plate
352854 Metal Glue Tip
159723 Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
Other Products used for project other than Heartfelt Creations. 3D foam mounting tape, white bazzill, white paint, Staz On Timber brown Ink and Versa mark Ink, dark brown twine, sewing machine with white thread, white paint, clear embossing powder and acrylic block.
1. The page is 12” x 12”
2. Print out two photos 5” x 7” and leave a small border of white around the edges.
3. Stamp the large heart from HCPC 3574 Journey of Love Keys PreCut Set and cut out.
4. Stamp the small heart with the floral and leafy background from HCPC 3572 Floral Keys and Locket PreCut Set and fussy cut around the edges.
5. Stamp HCPC 3569 Burnished Key PreCut Set and cut out using the HCD Burnished Key Die. Repeat as you require two small keys. Retain other cut images for future projects.
6. Use 3D foam tape and attach one small heart onto the fussy cut stamped image.
7. Cut brown background paper 11” x 11”.
8. Use clear versa mark ink to stamp HCPC 3575 Script Key Background PreCut Set in the top left hand and lower right hand corners. Heat emboss with fine detailed clear embossing powder.
9. Cut out the large frame from the Floral Keys Paper Collection.
10. Use HCD 718 Decorative Chateau Gate Die to cut white bazzill.
11. Use the photo as a guide and cut out three sets of words/sayings, the text border strip and journaling card.
12. Offset the photos, slide the cut white bazzill decorative cut out underneath and machine sew onto the frame.
13. Mount this onto cardboard to raise the frame.
14. Edge the frame with white paint.
15. Add the heart cluster to the bottom RH corner of the page. I used 3D foam tape to add the large heart.
16. Position all the cut outs as shown in the photo and attach the frame to the LO.
17. Add the second cut out heart to the top RH side of the LO.
18. Tie small bows with brown twine and attach to the top of the heart lockets.
19. Add bling and matt onto 12” x 12” bazzill.