This week I made a Vintage Trinket Holder from a paper mache book using the Heartfelt Creations 'Floral Keys Collection'. The warm browns and rich red maroons of the papers were just perfect for the task.
Please check out the Heartfelt Creations web site for a closer look at their amazing range of products and galleries.
Vintage Trinket Box
Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC
HCPC 3574 Journey of Love keys PreCut Set
HCPC 3571 Keys and Roses PreCut Set
HCPC 3570 Floral Doorway and Latch PreCut Set
HCPC 3569 Burnished Key PreCut Set
HCD 713 - Decorative Lace Border
HCD Burnished Key Die
Floral Key Paper Collection
452255 Grand Calibur
214003 Grand Calibur Cutting Plate
352854 Metal Glue Tip
159723 Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
Other Products used for project other than Heartfelt Creations. 3D foam mounting tape, Staz On Ink: Timber Brown and Black, dark brown twines, Jo Sonia Paints Pink Plum and Smokey Pearl, white sharpie pen, coordinating washi tapes, Paper Mache Box Medium by Stampington and company, pearl bling
1. Project measures 6.5” x 9”
2. Paint the spine of the book and edges with Pink Plum and the inside with smoked pearl. Jo Sonia paints are Australian. Use equivalent colours if necessary.
3. Using papers from the Floral Keys Collection and the photos as guides cover the inside and outside of the book. Be sure to cut out the trims, word tickets and other embellishments in the paper range as shown.
4. Stamp HCPC 3569 Burnished Key PreCut Set 3 times and cut out using HCD Burnished Key Die.
5. Use the metal glue tip on the Art Institute glue to outline details on the keys, locks, flowers and hearts. Sprinkle clear fine glitter on and allow to dry.
6. Cut out three frames as shown in the photo. For the cover insert a photo, inside left - stamp with brown ink the key from HCPC 3574 Journey of Love keys PreCut Set and inside right - stamp with also with brown ink HCPC 3571 Keys and Roses PreCut Set.
7. Using white cardstock cut HCD 713 - Decorative Lace Border and Labels 28.
8. Use your cut outs to create the lock clusters on the inside RH and LH side of the book. Use 3D foam tape to add the top layers. Attach the brown twine to the top of the heart and the keys.
9. Complete the inside by adding the photo with decorative trim and bling.
10. For the cover stamp HCPC 3570 Floral Doorway and Latch PreCut Set twice in black ink and cut out. Use the handle portion from one cut out and use 3D foam tape to layer onto the lock. Create highlight with your white sharpie pen. Using 3D foam tape for the heart cluster the keys as shown in the photo and add to the lock and handle complete with two brown twine bows.
11. Layer labels 28 under the photo in the frame and attach to the cover.
12. Add bling and extra heart with brown trim.
Tip – I found the painted hinges of the book cracked when I opened and closed it so I covered them with coordinating washi tape.
Thanks for calling by.