Here are the step by step photos of making my Mixed Media Canvas entitled 'Ina Cochrane'.
1. Cover an 8 x 10" canvas with papers of your choice. I used a selection of Tim Holtz (tickets and small cards), Kaisercraft (Black), Prima, Heidi Swapp and Finnabair papers (quite eclectic really).
2. Lightly cover with gesso. I used my Catalyst tool.
3. Use heavy gel medium to add clear texture through a stencil. I used my new Tim Holtz Burlap stencil (love it).
4. Add lace in three places.
5. Stick on a selection of white/ cream flowers. (Woops forgot to take a picture of this stage - sorry)
6. Spray behind the flowers and let ink drip down the canvas. I used 'Denim', 'Autumn Nights' and 'Patina Blue' (all glimmer mists) and the gorgeous Huey's Hitching Post' from the Sarsaparilla range.
7. Quite some time ago I purchased this Doll house window. I painted the wood with three coats of white gesso, swiped a bit of black ink here and there and roughly stamped some small text. I also added a bit of dark brown ink for good measure.
8. Here is the window resting on the canvas.
9. I wanted to put my Grandmother and her three sisters into the windows but found this too heavy.
10. I decided then and there this canvas was for my Grandmother only and this is the finished product. For once everything came together very quickly ....so it was just meant to be.
Thanks for calling by.